Monday, January 14, 2008

CLOVERFIELD

Tonight I, along with 299 other lucky people got to see the first American screening of the movie "Cloverfield"
Ill spare you detailed thoughts and just say this:
I thought it was was cool.
Based off of the trailers that are out there I got pretty much what I expected; kind of 'Blair Witch meets Godzilla'.
That was a good thing. (though I wouldn't recommend sitting anywhere near the front rows since its filmed all in hand held camera, some gal totally hurled her guts out after the film. Classic. )
The only other thing worth noting is much like my experience in watching Steven Spielberg's "War of the Worlds" I found both films gripping and scary at times, the 911 feel that both films tried to evoke, didnt leave me feeling excited that I saw a cool movie liked I was expecting, but more somber and not sure what to make of it when it was all said and done.
Ill stop there.
Just go see it. I think people will like it.
Much-o thanks to Nick Post and Burl at the Source for the screening!

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to trust your recommendation and become even more excited about seeing this movie than I already was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, im looking forward to seeing this sucker...

    ReplyDelete