Monday, March 30, 2009

Confession.

For the last number of weeks I've been keeping a secret. But no longer.

Yes Veronica, there is a Doug Mahnke, and he's going to be the new artist of Green Lantern.

I'm so relieved that it's finally public is because, well...It's HARD to have a front front row seat to awesomness and not be able to tell anyone! Lately I've spent my days peeking over the drawing table of my good friend and studio mate. Wide eyed as I watched him draw up some Mahnkerific GL pages for us all. This stuff I have seen so far is to cool to drool. No, lie.

Perhaps I should think of posting some ..(ahem)....reconnaissance photos....from the studio?

Anyway, all that to say that with all the groundbreaking talent ALREADY on Green Lantern and Blackest Night, we now have the privilege of welcoming the stylish and PUNCTUAL hand of Mahnke. I think we should all raise our arms and faces to the sky and do our best impression of the Shawshank Redemption ending, because this summer should be AWESOME!

8 comments:

  1. That's amazing news! “Green Lantern” has been lucky that the rotating artists are all of such high caliber, but “GLC” is lucky you’re so consistent Pat! You’re still onboard for the foreseeable future, yes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome. I love both you guys and couldn't be happier to have you both on GL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This means that between the two of you, I'll have a lot of Green Lantern books to get signed at FallCon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome news! Pat, you're already my favorite artist on my favorite title, now my other favorite artist is on my other favorite title!!
    Huzzah!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats cool (is he still competing with weights? Man, oh, to be that good...), any word on your future assignments, or is that also hushhush...

    ReplyDelete
  6. To Awesome. When I read the news on comicbookresources.com or Newsarama.com... one or the other, I got super pumped. I hope they keep Doug on the book for at least a year, if not 5, give him work to truly showcase his tallent and let the rest of us stand back and enjoy.

    You're doing good to by the way and I LOVE that you have been on the Corps for as long as you have. keep it up. Now they just need me on a GL book. LOL.. that will be the day. HAHAHA

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks EVERYBODY for the awesome support, believe me I'm just as pumped!

    ReplyDelete