Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The Robins. Nightwing, Red Hood, Tim Drake, Damian Wayne.


Interior panel form BATMAN and ROBIN #12. Inks Mick Gray, Color John Kaliz. 
I was really glad our writer Pete Tomasi included space for this shot in the most recent issue. It's one of my favorites.

I originally intended this shot as a cover for  Batman and Robin issue #10. As you can see in my thumbnail sketch below it would have included Batman. Something about Bruce surrounded by all of his 'sons'. Seemed like a good idea.
My cover pitch for BATMAN and ROBIN #10
Ultimately the concept was rejected for the cover. And I was asked to go a different direction.

I still might do a final version of my thumbnail someday just for fun.

6 comments:

  1. LOVE IT and WOULD LOVE THE FINAL VERSION

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this panel! It was beautiful and pretty much perfect! The only thing that saddened me a bit was Jason's height. I thought he was supposed to be the tallest of all Robins.

    But that cover sketch! Beautiful! I can't describe all the feelings I have over this amazing cover sketch. A shame it was rejected.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that would be cool if you finished! i would love it! I like your version of the epic stand among the Robins & Batman.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This panel really caught my eye when reading Batman & Robin... I just loved it!

    And, I would love to see a finished version of your cover pitch, I really enjoy your work!

    Celeste

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys!~ I'll defiantly post here if I get around to working up another version of this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, i've been following your blog and felt very sad when you stopped posting, so i got cheered up when i saw you reopened it, amazing art as always (got prepaid to batman and robin pretty much because of your art - i live overseas so you should take that as a compliment :D -tomasi is also great offcourse)it would be great to see more of your process, what steps you take from thumbnails, prelims to finished art, only if you feel like it offcourse :D

    ReplyDelete